The global hotel industry revenue is predicted to reach $550 billion US dollars this year. An increase in revenue of almost $100 billion US dollars in the last 5 years. (Source: Hospitality Net).
Barbour ABI, leading provider of construction intelligence, has seen monthly increases in contract values for the hotel industry sector. A recent report shows the East Midlands and Yorkshire & Humber as the ‘hottest regions’ with an increase in hotel construction projects of 11.5% since March 2015. London was reported the main location in the month of March 2016 for hotel contracts, with a number of hotel contracts awarded. The highest value was a 270 bedroom hotel adjacent to Camden Town Hall. Other hotel contracts awarded in London in March included a 95 bedroom hotel at Garlick Hill, and a Premier Inn in Chiswick. Barbour ABI also reported the
With the level of competition increasing, it’s no surprise a number of hotels are upping their game, modernising the look and feel and undergoing furniture refits. This can become a logistical nightmare for hotels, with the number of rooms involved and the speed in which the work needs to be done to avoid loss of earnings.
At Johnsons, we have in-house furniture installation teams who are experienced in hotel furniture installations, strip out work and hotel fit-outs. We have done this for a number of hotels in the UK and Europe and are currently seeing a rise in projects of this nature. We understand the importance of working to schedule to get rooms completed quickly, with minimal disruption to other areas of the hotel.
5 interesting hotel facts:
- Tallest hotel in the world is the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai – 355 metres (1,165 ft).
- Largest hotel with the most number of rooms in one building is the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, with 6,852 rooms.
- World’s first seven-star hotel is the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai.
- World’s oldest hotel is Japan’s Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan, a family business for over 1,300 years.
- World’s most expensive hotel rooms are in the Royal Penthouse Suite at President Wilson Hotel, Geneva – £53,000 per room per night!
So if you’re looking for a hotel furniture installation company to support you on your next refurb project, why not call Johnsons on 0800 279 2505 for a free, no obligation quotation. We will guide you through the whole process and provide you with a dedicated project manager to ensure the project runs smoothly, on time and on budget.