In 2014, Johnsons Business Moves were successful in being awarded the project for the Matalan Head Office from Gillibrands Road, Skelmersdale to Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley.
The project consisted of an 800 staff move, based over eight phases in January and February 2015.
The project included:
- Crate Hire
- Pre and Post move assistance
- IT Decommission / Recommission
- Dismantling and re-assembly of furniture
- Project Move Management
- Multisite Relocations
- Confidential Packing and Unpacking
- Furniture Disposal
- Staff Organisation Johnsons Business Moves provided Matalan with a dedicated Move Manager throughout the course of the project. They attended all move meetings ensuring dialogue with our client was transparent throughout. This meant the Move Manager and team were staff we familiar with the team over the eight week programme of works.
- Crate Management Due to the large amount of crates on site over the phases, we reused crates therefore limiting the number on site at any given time. In addition to this, we used our move checklists and removal labels to ensure we knew where all crates were to avoid loss.
- Timescales Following on from our site visit, a move programme was developed to utilise evenings and weekends, resulting in no downtime for the staff at Matalan during normal business working hours.
Due to the success of this project, we have undertaken a small amount of extra works in addition to our original scope.