Johnsons Moving Services were requested to conduct a site survey two days before a large migration and clearance from the Alcatel-Lucent site in Greenwich. We were appointed the next day and were required to supply between 30 to 40 staff per weekend to relocate furniture, IT, archives, machinery and miscellaneous items from the warehouse and yard area.
- React to the last minute request
- Conduct a site survey and provide a quotation within 24 hours
- Ensure all redundant furniture was cleared from the building in Greenwich within the required timeframe
- Ensure no items were sent to landfill
- Relocate items weighing several tonnes
- Co-ordinate our IT teams (undertaking decommissioning and re-commissioning works), team of fitters and relocation team
- Control and manage multiple disciplinary teams across both sites
- To barcode and relocate 7,000 archive boxes ensuring that all boxes are placed in the original order
The Projects Team ensured that all the various teams (Heavy Gang, IT Team, Relocation Teams, etc) successfully fulfilled their various roles within the required timeframes. All the archive boxes were relocated in order and the recycling works were delivered with Zero Landfill. Despite the short notice, the client was very happy and has since used Johnsons Moving Services on various other projects and recommended our services.
“I used Johnsons to assist with a number of projects, including relocating staff to a new building, Dead file management and also stripping out of a building and recycling all of the waste. We had incredibly tight timescales and budgets and the goal posts were constantly moved. Johnsons were supportive throughout the whole project and ensured that we had the correct amount of labour and that the projects were delivered on time. I was incredibly impressed with their ability to cope with a demanding and labour intense situation and will now only consider using Johnsons for any future work of this type.” Colin Donnelly, Area Manager, Alcatel-Lucent.