In 2013, Johnsons Business Moves were awarded the contract to undertake a series of phased moves at Reigate and Banstead Borough Council. The projects and disposal of various furniture elements took place between November 2013 and March 2014. Johnsons Business Moves provided Reigate and Banstead with the following:
Move of existing staff out to decant areas or a refurbished area:
- Printing of labels and move packs from schedules provided by RBBC
- Delivery of and distribution of personal and filing crates
- Support / porterage to assist MSIG staff on the move day
- Packing of bulk filing, where requested
- Relocation of all personal and filing crates, bins, foot rests etc.
- Relocation of all crates, IT crates, chairs, bins and coat stands etc. and pedestals to decant or refurbished area (Move Contractor)
- Supply and distribution of IT crates
- Relocation and placement of IT crates (to be packed by RBBC staff)
- Unpacking of IT crates on to desks
- Unpacking of bulk filing (where requested)
Collection of all old power and data cables, power modules, umbilicals, monitor arms on desks power modules and spare screens for recycling.
Dismantling and removal from site of all redundant furniture (desk, storage, chairs and loose furniture) for disposal by the move contractor in an environmentally sensitive manner.
Collection of old IT and telephony equipment and placement into cages to be disposed of / reallocated by the Client.
- Develop a move planning strategy that was sensitive to the project requirements of a large team
- Co-ordinate both our IT teams (undertaking decommissioning and re-commissioning works) and moves team
- Restricted parking and access to buildings, requiring flexibility in timings and working practices
- Ensure that the resource strategy allowed for flexibility due to the changing head counts and number of move phases
- Control and manage multiple disciplinary teams across a variety of estates, sometimes during the same move weekend.
Johnsons Business Moves demonstrated flexibility and understanding of the Council’s needs and eased the process of a complex project, through the application of resources, knowledge and expertise in Council relocations. Johnsons Business Moves continue to supply The Council with a professional, bespoke service, and as a result of continued customer satisfaction.