In March 2014, Johnsons Moving Services were awarded the project for relocating Royal Sun Alliance in to the prestigious 20 Fenchurch Street in London.
The move involved relocating over 1000 staff members over floors 14-17 over two main move weekends in May and June and clearance of the existing buildings redundant furniture.
- Ensuring the team were available for inductions and clearance processes at 6am at 20 Fenchurch Street – to no cost of RSA
- Avoiding and mitigating against slippage in the Move Programme, resulting in down time for key personnel allocated to the project
- Dealing with an increase in work volumes or requirements
- Ensuring no damage occurred to the furniture or items being relocated
- Ensuring no damage occurred to the new building the items we being moved in to
- Removing all furniture and fittings with a strong focus on Zero Landfill
Our ability to adapt and change saw this project run smoothly. We kept regular contact with RSA teams regarding the move programme to allow for planning if any slippage programme occurred. We did not assign key personnel to any other projects, instead utilising them on small “one off’ moves. This ensured total familiarisation with the building, the RSA staff and the project.
We dealt with any increase in work by maintaining regular communication with RSA teams to foresee peaks in requirements and utilising our backup resource from our London and surrounding depots.
We made sure all items and the building were protected prior to the relocations taking place, resulting in a successful relocation with no damage.
By working with our furniture partners and local charities we were able to reduce the impact recycling the furniture would have with very little requiring recycling and zero landfill being achieved.