Johnson Moving Services is a firmly established, expanding and national organisation who specialises in everything from domestic and commercial relocations, removals, storage and crate hire to highly skilled change and project management services. We have enjoyed considerable success and are continuing to grow, as such we are recruiting an experienced Operations Manager based at our Wembley depot in London.
The company has long term contracts with large corporate businesses, public sector bodies and national facilities management companies and as s a result, dedicated resource centres throughout the UK enabling to provide specialist moving services to a vase array of organisations in a wide range of industry sectors. Should you decide this is the next step in your career you will have the opportunity to work with businesses of all sizes.
The successful Operations Manager will be a dedicated individual having excellent operational management skills, strong commercial awareness, a passion for delivering exceptional service to clients and possess the CILT(UK) Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence – CPC.
The key responsibilities of the role with include, but not be limited to:
- Responsibility for all planning, monitoring and management of all site operations including:
- Sales & customer management
- Management reporting
- Health & safety and compliance
- Fleet maintenance
- Responsibility for ensuring maximum operating profitability in line with company budgets
- Responsibility for compliance with all health & safety and transport legislation
- Management, engagement and retention of staff at all levels and providing full support and training as required
- Assume active involvement with live removals and real customers in order to be able to understand and identify real world problems and relevant solutions
- Support the businesses business development and client management efforts as required
- Work closely with all clients and conduct customer visits both before and after completion of the removal to ensure exceptional quality of service and implement service improvements where opportunities arise in the future.
- Lead and support all branch administration duties and customer interface.
What does our next Operations Manager look like:
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is necessary
- Previous experience of the Removals industry is a distinct advantage, however we will also consider strong Operations Managers and Transport Managers with certain other areas of specialist transportation, where working operationally “on site” is involved in your duties.
- You will be a well rounded individual able to join the business, live by our core values and hit able the ground running making an impact to the business on day 1.
- A strong hands on leader who will role his / her sleeves up to support the team by leading from the front
In return for your dedication and hard work we invest in your future by offering an excellent package and benefits structure, 5 days over 7 shift patterns, flexible working hours giving thought to your home life and full training and development support consisting of both internal training to full professional qualifications.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to, Toby Swain email:firstname.lastname@example.org