- Relocation of Business Services and Legal Services Teams from Colmore Circus in Birmingham to two new sites at Colmore Row and Cornwall Street. Approximately 450 staff were relocated over 2 weekends, one in May and one in June. The project involved extensive planning and liaison with multiple contractors. In addition, there was a full IT decommission and recommision required over each weekend and over 1300 metres of sequential filing to pack move and unpack.
- Once the Move was completed, there was 1 week to leave the existing building totally empty. This involved the removal of almost 42,000 cubic feet (almost 140 tonnes) of redundant furniture.
- Engage with the client staff to ensure their day to day business roles were minimally affected by the move.
- Decommission, pack, relocate and re-commission large quantities of IT on to a new desk layout, over one night and one day for each weekend. Approximately 200 IT units involved per phase.
- Sequentially pack and relocate 1300 metres of files over the 2 phases. Challenges with access routes, crates having to go up through 1 access point and then distributed across multiple floors.
- Minimise the cost of clearing the redundant furniture and eliminate any environmental impact as a result of the process.
By working closely with Pinsent Masons Fantastic Project team, each phase was completed successfully. Key indicators were:
- Zero down time for staff
- No Damage
- 70 tonnes of furniture sold to offset the cost of the relocation to the client. This equated to a massive £24,400 saving to the client through a mix of labour and recycling charges which were avoided. A huge win for both our client and the Environment.
This was one of the most challenging relocation projects in our recent history. We are proud to have delivered it successfully
Johnsons were an important and key supplier involved in our Birmingham office relocation projects and we were very impressed with their professionalism throughout. From the sales/contracts team to the relocation teams who worked tirelessly over the move weekends, everyone was very friendly, helpful and easy to work with. They understood our requirements, the challenges and timescales and the nature of our business and worked closely with us to ensure that the moves did not affect our day to day business activity. They were flexible and assisted us with any last minute changes and challenges that arose. Furthermore, their commitment to the environment and reducing the amount of redundant furniture to be disposed of/recycled was a key factor in making the projects such a big success.
Kate O’Neill, Regional Facilities Manager, North and Midlands
Pinsent Masons LLP